[Biojava-l] [Announcement] OmniView release 0.0.1

Brian Gilman gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:55:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

	Sorry for the cross posting. I'd like to announce the release of
OmniView, a partial implementation of a pure "javaified" version of the
Ensembl gui code. This is a java application which can query the ensembl
server and show various "tracks" which appear (almost) exactly like the
Ensembl web version of their site.

	This java application will be used as our default viewer for our
middleware application OmniGene and will soon be DAS backended to
untether the code from any specific database. Please see:

	www.sourceforge.net/projects/omnigene

	for the application and check back often for more releases of our
code.

	Web site docs will be released when I come back from Hinxton UK.

				Happy Hacking!

					-Brian

Brian Gilman <gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Sr. Software Engineer MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902