[Biojava-l] SQL-backed persistent Biojava sequence/feature objects

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:31:13 +0100 (BST)

David -

I would still encourage you to investigate with real code option (1). My
feeling is that the additional overhead of a heirarchy will be low. We
need a real example to show that. I would be sure that you have correctly
rejected (1) before starting on (2).

Otherwise we will end up with probably a NxN set of language<->relational
mappings for sequence orientated data depending on the use case when
I do not honestly believe this is necessary. I don't think you can tell
without trying it.

However - if you are coding it, you do get to decide how to do it ;) I
just get to make comments...

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.