[Biojava-l] Phred Symbols?

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:50:31 +1200

Hi -

I am thinking of ways to program with sequences that have been read from a
sequencer and contain quality information such as phred scores. I can think
of a number of ways to do this but the best one i can come up with is to
have a interface called Quality or Qualitative or something which has a
method like getQuality(). This could then be implemented by any object
wanting to store quality information. Such as a sequence or a prediction or
a Symbol in the case of a Phred score. Or perhaps even quality of match to a
database search.

Has anyone thought about this before??

Mark

Mark Schreiber