[Biojava-l] Re: Biojava-l digest, Vol 1 #287 - 5 msgs

Phillip Lord p.lord@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
04 Apr 2001 20:29:29 +0100

        You should just be able to use your .antrc file to specify
the java command to use when launching ant. So for instance sticking
the following into by .antrc should help.

JAVACMD="java -Xms5000m -Xmx10000m"

        Well at least on my machine it causes ant to crash as I
haven't got 5000M available.

        I don't know about windows though. No doubt that is support
for something similar in ant.bat.

        Ant launches Javac directly (by invoking the sun.* classes)
rather, so this should affect the memory available to the compiler as
well.

        This approach has the advantage that you do not have to
presume on the memory requirements of other peoples machines by
building it into the build file.

        Phil

--
Phillip Lord,				Phone: +44 (0) 161 275 5980
PostDoctoral Research Associate,        Email: p.lord@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk