[Biojava-l] bug in Builder class

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:29:46 +0100

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 02:46:25PM +0900, Les Clowney wrote:
> Hi,
>    In the main method of the biojava-live Builder  class the expression
> args[thisArg].substring(2) should be replaced with
> args[thisArg].substring(0).

No, it's working as designed.  The idea is that if you
want to pass, say, the -fast option to javac (useful with
Compaq java for alphas) you do:

  java build.Builder -C-fast all

Note no space in the switch.  It's kind of like the -J option
on some of the JDK tools.

To be honest, the old build tool is due for requirement -- I now
recommend the ant tool (from http://jakarata.apache.org/) as the
nicest way to build the project.  There's an ant build.xml file
supplied.  The only thing ant doesn't get quite right yet is the
javadoc documentation, but once that's fixed the old builder will
be removed.

Hope you find BioJava useful,

   Thomas.