[Biojava-l] [das@ebi.ac.uk: New server implementation]

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:27:09 +0100

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Down <td2@sanger.ac.uk> -----

Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:25:06 +0100
From: Thomas Down <td2@sanger.ac.uk>
To: das@ebi.ac.uk
Subject: New server implementation

Hi...

I've been working on a Servlet implementation of the DAS
protocol based on the BioJava Sequence framework.  I've
now got a version running which implements the full protocol
(except for the stylesheet command).  You can experiment
with it at:

  http://das.ensembl.org/test/das/

Currently there's only a very small amount of data being
served -- I'll add some more interesting data sources in
the next week or so.

I'm also hoping to get a source release out some time next
week (right now the server code is pretty solid, but it needs
a bit more work on the configuration mechanism).

For those who were at BOSC, Matthew Pocock's DAS demonstration
used an early version of this code base as the server.  I hope
that this code will become a good testbed for the protocol.

Happy hacking,

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is
constantly making exciting discoveries.
                                       -- A. A. Milne

----- End forwarded message -----