[Biojava-l] [newio] Light refactoring of the SeqIOListener interface

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:10:13 +0000

(This is only really of interest to people who write SequenceFormats
or SequenceBuilders -- the external API is unchanged since Friday)

In the interest of simplicity, I've changed the SeqIOListener
interface slightly so that we just notify the listener of blocks
of Symbols, rather than passing around SymbolReader objects.
This still allows us to optimize the SymbolList creation process --
performance and peak memory are essentially unchanged by this.
But the API is slightly simpler, and it will make it much easier
to write SequenceFormats which sit on top of some other parser
system (I'm thinking especially about XML formats here sitting
on top of SAX parsers).

Let me know if there are any problems with this,

``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''
           -- Terry Pratchett