[Biojava-l] introduction, and some BLAST/Genscan code

George Armhold armhold@cs.rutgers.edu
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:05:52 -0500

I should clarify something.  My BlastConnection code interacts with
the WWW server at NCBI, not the Blast server directly.  It basically
does an HTTP POST to submit the sequence.  So it is subject to the
whims of their webmaster, should they decide to change their CGI
script.  I hope my previous message was not misleading.  I am planning
on working on something that does talk to the server directly, which
would be the Java equivalent of a "blast client".  (If anyone is
currently working on this I'd like to talk with them.)

--
George Armhold
Rutgers University