[Biojava-l] [newio] Initial code landing

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:16:41 +0000

Hi...

I've been working on a first implementation of the proposed
new I/O interfaces.  Things still aren't set in stone, but some
practical tests should make further development much easier.
So far, the interfaces seem to be very well.

Unless there are any objections, I'd like to get these changes
into the BioJava 1.1 main codebase as soon as possible.  I'd like
to check them in late this afternoon (probably around 18:00 UTC).
Please let me know now if this is likely to cause any problems.

For people who are currently relying on CVS BioJava, it's probably
worth grabbing an up-to-date copy now before these changes land.

The good news is that for simple applications, there should only
be one change to make your code compatible with the new I/O:
StreamReader is now constructed with a SequenceBuilderFactory
(new interface) rather than the old SequenceFactory.  I hope
everyone can start using the new interfaces soon.

Happy hacking!

``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''
           -- Terry Pratchett