[Biojava-l] NameParser

Emig, Robin Robin.Emig@maxygen.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:37:03 -0800

	Is the best way to deal situations where multiple tokens(or name)
are really the same Symbol is to SubClass NameParser and add checks in it
that symply map the redundant names to a proper unique one, and then parse.
	The reason I ask is that I am reading in CodonBiasTables which often
have END TER or STP as the stop/terminal codon. I don't mind representing
all of these as the same symbol, because they are in my case, but I wanted
to know if there was a better way to do this, such as editing/creating and
alphabet to do this. I was thinking of also creating possible a translation
alphabet, essentially something that could set up all the mappings for a
java.Map.
-Robin