[Biojava-l] BLAST Networking Questions

Vijay Narayanasamy vij_ivai@hotmail.com
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:03:32 EST

Dear all,

        I'm playing with the following project thru this weekend. I would
like to do the following. I guess some one would have done this or know this
already.

I would like to do the following:

1. Get the sequence data from the user with a GUI.

2. Send the sequence to the BLAST NCBI server

3. Get the output from the server

4. Present the output (may be in a different form) to the user.

So the questions are , how to connect with the BLAST server and how to input
the data in the appropriate database search?

Is it possible to do with Java Servlets? If so how? Any other suggestions or
comments?

Sincerely,

Vijay

nvijay@psu.edu