[Biojava-l] Source dist corrupted?

hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 15:46:32 +0100

Matthew Pocock wrote:

> I am just about to post today's build to the FTP site, and also update the
README. I
> will post once this is done.
>
> Matthew

Done! You can grab biojava.jar from the FTP site at:

ftp://biojava.org/pub/biojava/

  or

ftp://bioperl.org/pub/biojava/

I can't make explorer 5 connect to the biojava ftp server, but netscape does
(don't ask
me why). This distribution should work, but please tell me if you have any
problems.

Matthew

     Gerald was already kind enough to send me a CVS checkout, and after some
     confusion about the best way of how to build it I finally succeeded using
     the build/Build.java tool. I haven't tried any of the test programs yet,
     though.

     As you and no-one else hasn't commented yet on the second question I raised
     in my mail, I'd like to raise it once again. Please don't get me wrong, I
     didn't want to critizise.
     Stability is simply one of the decisive criteria for me to decide whether I
     can use something for coding applications that are likely to go productive
     soon, or whether it is something to be evaluated for its potential utility
     in the future.

     We have Java 'productive' (in the sense that they are used for routine
     bioinf) applications dealing with sequences, and I have to extend their
     functionality. The question for me is whether this is an opportunity and
     worth the effort to integrate already now a public classlib which may
     become kind of a standard at some day.

     Cheers,

          Hilmar