[Biojava-l] Gene Expression

Gerald Loeffler Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:29:31 +0200

hi!

my own project in that area deals mostly with cDNA-microarrays and their
production and usage. As such, it has the concepts of clone, clone
library, vector, plate, PCR, primer, array, array layout, spot, sample,
label, hybridisation, image analysis, spot values, and many more.

As i said, all of this is very much targeted at the production and usage
of cDNA-microarrays - but the resulting "expression values", which hide
in SpotValues objects, are there and are IMHO modelled nicely according
to the nature of the underlying process.

We could - if you want - try to design an object model for "expression
values" for which my types could serve as a starting point.

You should also have a look at the MGED working groups (hosted at EBI)
which target database "design", XML DTDs and other issues regarding
microarrays. These working groups were the result of (so far) 2 meetings
on microarray data standards. Especially the XML DTDs might be useful as
a starting point for Java types...

	cheers,
	gerald