[Biojava-l] log4j

hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 15:16:21 +0100

Of course, there could be some cases where special exception
handlers are the best way to go.  But the external iteration
pattern works nicely in a great many cases, and I'd like to
stick to that wherever possible.

     Well, that's exactly why I basically agreed. But as soon as you go
     beyond the very core of BioJava, there are a lot of opportunities for
     very useful convenience classes, like one that presents a
     SequenceStream as a SequenceDB held in memory, where a handler comes
     in handy. Obviously, these can all live in user-land, depending on the
     degree of 'convenience' you want to offer with BioJava.

          Hilmar