[Biojava-l] log4j

Gerald Loeffler Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:47:32 +0200

Hi!

When outputting logging information from java classes i usually use the
Log4J package (www.log4j.org) instead of simply writing to System.err or
System.out.

Log4J allows you to use pre-defined logging levels for you messages that
are identical to those on UNIX-systems: debug, info, warn, error. You
can then turn on/off all messages of a particular level at runtime.

I personally would like to keep on using Log4J for BioJava classes as
well. Do we want to introduce this dependency on an open-source,
third-party java package? If so, then i'd add the log4j-jar to the CVS
repository and use it from now on in BioJava classes...

	cheers,
	gerald
--
   Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at _________________ Software Architect