[Biojava-l] New package for databases

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 14:48:20 +0100

Gerald Loeffler wrote:

> Furthermore, i'd really be great if the stuff related to blast parsing
> would make it into 1.0. I'm aware that there wasn't much response to my
> proposed object model for sequence similarity searches, but it is still
> my opinion that it pretty much models this area correctly. Furthermore,
> it shields the user from the details on how the parsing is done (e.g.
> directly or via simons wonderful idea of a SAX-based parser).

I'll do my best to get a version of the Blastlike SAX parser in (writing a
SAXParser was Matthew's suggestion by the way, not mine!). Currently this
looks easily possible , my priorities are subject to change at short notice
though. I expect to be able to put a PDB parser in at the same time (but
with an api that might be subject to change, I'm not completely happy with
it).

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.