[Biojava-l] Possible minor change before 1.0

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 16:12:46 +0100

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 07:07:23PM +0100, hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com wrote:

> You see, there's at least me, which is probably not what you mean by 'enough'.
> Anyhow, introducing the suggested change may keep me from using the 1.0 release
> for a while, because I simply don't have the time to propagate the changes. But
> again, that's my personal problem.
>
> Apart from that, for me the point of naming it nextSequence() or just next() is
> merely a philosophical one. I personally would really prefer nextSequence(),
> because it very clearly says what it does. Others obviously think different. The
> point I wanted to make is, I do think that Philosophy-only driven changes must
> not be incompatible. The deprecation is a very good suggestion. You know, even
> in Java2 there are all the things still there that have already been deprecated
> since 1.1.

Okay, we seem to have more negative comments than positive ones,
so this change is now on hold.

He looked up with big brown eyes.  ``They're really only
tiny little A-bombs, honest.''
                                     -- David Brin.