[Biojava-l] We have a repository!

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:39:31 +0000

Dear all,

Thanks to Ewan and Thomas we now have a biojava repository. We have
checked in all of our code for you to pick appart. I am sorting out
documentation at the moment, but it should all compile out of the box.
You will require xml.jar from the sun web site (url in the README), and
java 1.2 or highter. Sorry to all you 1.1 people - we used collections a
lot, and a little bit of swing. There may be a solution to this...

Currently we are part of the biojava user group on the server, rather
than being in our own group. This should be fixed soon. To get
read/write access you will need a bioperl account - look at the bioperl
web pages for instructions.

To grab your cvs copy of the archive, follow the CVS documentation at
http://www.bioperl.org/UserInfo/CVShelp.html and just substitute the
perl with java. E.g.

cvs -d :ext:mrp@bio.perl.org:/home/repository/bioperl checkout
bioperl-live

  becomes

cvs -d :ext:mrp@bio.perl.org:/home/repository/biojava checkout
biojava-live

We are working on the anonymous cvs access. In the mean-time, pick up
the tar archive at:

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/~td2/biojava-20000126.tar.gz

We will work hard to keep the docs on site up-to-date with the source
code, and provide biojava.date.jar files at the end of each day when
there have been edits, and all the files compile. We shall also have
specific 'release' jars that are stable, and relatively bug free.
However, this is all todo at the moment.

I shall be away tomorow - our heating system is being replaced - but I
should be back again this Friday.

All the best,

Matthew