[Biojava-l] status? Blast parser?

Jared Nedzel nedzel@mpi.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:09:36 -0500

Simon:

Sorry for the delayed response.  Yes, I want a Blast parser.
I want to be able to give the parser a Blast output file.
I want to be able to get:

  - all the hits
  - the best hit

For each hit, get the set of consistent HSPs. For the hsps,
get the P and E values and the bases, the ranges (query and
subject), the gaps, etc.

At this point, I don't need or want html or xml.  Instead,
I want objects (hits, hsps, etc.).

Jared
nedzel@mpi.com