[Biojava-l] Re: biocorba idl

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:13:25 -0500

> I have just checked in a server & client under biojava-live/demos
that
> works!!!! Ref counting is not properly implemented yet. But - the
corba
> objects get spat out as biojava objects, so biojava code can run
over remove
> objects with no change to the API. Realy cool stuff.

[snip...really helpful step by step instructions]

Thanks for getting this together! I've been trying to get it working
so I can work on connecting biopython with biojava and I can get
sooooo far, but not quite all the way. The server started up with no
problems, but then when I run the client code I get the following:

Exception in thread "main" org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   minor code:
1 completed: Maybe
        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.IIOPConnection.purge_calls(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.ReaderThread.run(Compiled Code)

I'm not sure why I'm getting this. It could be a platform specific
problem--I'm currently running the Linux Blackdown Port RC4 of JDK 1.2
under FreeBSD (using Linux compatibility libraries). So this is kind
of hackish, but 1.2 hasn't been ported to FreeBSD yet, so it is my
only choice. However, I'm not that experienced with Java and thought I
would run it by everyone to see if anyone had any ideas to help me
out...
    By the way, I just checked out biojava-live today and noticed
during compile that another copy of biojava-live is in src/org/acedb.
Just thought I would point that out so it doesn't cause any more
trouble.
    Thanks again for all the excellent code!

Brad