[Biojava-l] Biojava CVS and SSH

Chris Dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:40:31 -0500

Glad you got things working, at my old job I was never able to get things
to work from behind a corporate firewall...

As Jason and Thomas have pointed out we don't allow 'pserver' access to
biojava.org. The main reason for this is that I don't trust CVS to be all
that secure and I don't want a pserver daemon running on our production
server.

This was basically the whole reason for setting up a standalone anonymous
cvs server at cvs.bioperl.org. People with accounts on bioperl.org can use
CVS via SSH and those who don't have developer accounts can get full blown
(read only) access to the source code via the anon box which is set up in a
way that minimizes damage to us if there is a remotely exploitable hole in
the pserver protocol.

-Chris

Chris Dagdigian -- Blackstone Technology Group
(Work  ) dagdigian@computefarm.com  (Home) dag@sonsorol.org
(Web   ) http://ComputeFarm.com, http://open-bio.org, http://sonsorol.org
(More  ) Full contact info and schedule -- http://sonsorol.org/dag/contact.html