[Biojava-l] [newio] EmblLikeFormat

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:57:52 +0000

I've just refactored this using the new StreamParser stuff
(and, like FastaFormat, simplified it considerably in the
process).  Should go a fair bit faster now, especially on
VMs which suffer badly from rapid object-churn (which seems
to mean just about everything except Hotspot).

Things we're still missing in newio:

  - GenbankFormat.  The latest EmblLikeFormat shows just how
    easy this should be to write...

  - IndexedSequenceDB -- which should also be pretty easy to
    revive.

``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''
           -- Terry Pratchett