[Biojava-l] xmlns attribute in blast-like XML document

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:38:13 +0100

> However, there is DEFINITELY a bug in the output!  I meant it to say:
>
> xlmns = "" xmlns:biojava = "http://www.biojava.org"

Gerald,

I've fixed this i.e. correct specification of of the namespace biojava namespace prefix / URI mapping. It should be
committed to the cvs.  I've left the xmlns default namespace as an empty string, because I haven't found out that this isn't
correct yet.  This is trivial to change, should it need to be.

Took a while to track that one down - the SAX2 events were actually correctly specified, the problem was in the XML Writer
for the SAX2 event streams, which was outputing only local names for attributes, despite qualified names being being
reported by the SAX2 driver.

As it is now, this is really  not a complete solution for all SAX2 event streams, but it will do for now.

No time to do the DTD this evening (apologies).

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.
Head of Bioinformatics & Advanced IS