[Biojava-l] Blast and PDB

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:16:48 +0100

Hi...

I've just finished checking in the new Blast and PDB
parsing code submitted by Simon Brocklehurst, Tim Dilks,
Colin Hardman, and Stuart Johnston, all of Cambridge
Antibody Technology.  Take a look at the code in
org.biojava.bio.program.

(CVS users: note that I've created some extra directories,
so you will need to do `cvs update -d`)

Both parsers extract data from streams and fire SAX2
events representing an XML model of the data.  To see
this in action, there are a couple of utilities
in biojava-live/demos/nativeapps which print the XML
forms of the parsed data.  There is also an archive of example
files on the website:

  http://www.biojava.org/nativeApps/nativeapps-examples.tar.gz

For those who can't access BioJava by CVS, I'll try to put up
a new snapshot version including this code in the next day or so.

Thanks to Simon et al. for what looks like a killer feature,

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is
constantly making exciting discoveries.
                                       -- A. A. Milne