[Biojava-l] [Q]jdk1.3 support

pvlad@bigfoot.com pvlad@bigfoot.com
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 20:24:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
just downloaded the latest biojava source (I am a new user)
and when trying to compile, I get:
--------------------------------
/tmp/biojava-live/src/org/biojava/bio/gui/sequence/FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer.
java:247: constant expression required
          case border.LEADING:
                     ^
/tmp/biojava-live/src/org/biojava/bio/gui/sequence/FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer.
java:250: constant expression required
          case border.TRAILING:
                     ^
/tmp/biojava-live/src/org/biojava/bio/gui/sequence/FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer.
java:253: constant expression required
          case border.CENTER:
                     ^
/tmp/biojava-live/src/org/biojava/bio/gui/sequence/FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer.
java:265: constant expression required
          case border.LEADING:
I have jdk1.3 beta for linux (Sun's JDK, not IBM's).
I did look at biojava.org and it says that
jdk 1.2 or later is supported.  I also looked
through the email list to see if anyone posted
similar question.

I tried to figure out how to change the code,
but could not trace back where the constants
are defined (I am also new to Java:-), I was hoping
that my years of C++ will help me to get by)

Thanks in advance for
any help,

Vlad