[Biojava-l] [Announce] release 1.00 is out

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:08:22 +0100

Since there haven't been any complaints about the 1.0rc1 release
that went out on monday, we've decided to cut our first `full'
release.  Version 1.00 is available now from:

  ftp://ftp.biojava.org/pub/biojava

If you are using CVS, you can also check out the `release-1_00'
tagged version.  Please use, enjoy, suggest improvements and (of
course) tell all your friends about BioJava.

I'm currently in the process of merging changes which were made
in the release-1_0-branch back into the main tree (these were mostly
documentation improvements).  The main tree (HEAD branch) is now
the place for any new features that you want to see in 1.1 releases.

Thanks to everyone who has helped BioJava reach version 1.0.
Good hacking to you all, and lets see lots of exciting
suggestions for 1.1!
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is
constantly making exciting discoveries.
                                       -- A. A. Milne