[Biojava-l] Ace client & Corba

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:24:11 +0100

Dear all,

I have checked in some new demos. EmblToFastaGFF is self explanatory,
but a usefull utility all the same. AceClient is an ace command line
client using the rather excelent ace socket server & the pure-java
implementation by Thomas. SequenceFetch allows you to fetch sequences by
name from an ace database and save them as fasta files. ServeAceAsCorba
uses the Ace client to read sequences from an Ace database, and serves
them as BioCorba objects.

While doing this I fixed numerous bugs in the ace and corba code - some
where caused during the renaming and some are long-standing.

Have fun - tell me if the demos break.

Joon: You're out of your tree
Sam:  It wasn't my tree
                                                 (Benny & Joon)