[Biojava-dev] Community and roadmap

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at rcsb.org
Mon Jun 5 22:05:44 UTC 2017

Hi Philippe

About your questions:

1/ There's no formal roadmap. The project is distributed and is based on
what contributors decide. Some discussion happens here or in github about
specific topics whenever there's got to be agreement. Having said that in
the current master branch there's been major changes in the structure
package and some restructuring elsewhere. Thus we decided to have a v5 for
next major release and we'd like that to happen sometime in the next
months. That means that before releasing 5.0 we are still open for any
other major API modifications that can be justified and for which we find
consensus.

2/ Whenever there's an official release I am pushing to maven central
myself since I have all keys and other setup ready. I believe Spencer also
has the setup to do releases. But in principle any other contributor can
have the full setup, Regarding the SNAPSHOT builds those are now done
automatically with travis whenever we push to github.

3/ We are doing communication mainly through github and less through
mailing list these days. For some time we've also had a channel in gitter:
https://gitter.im/biojava/biojava. Feel free to join that one too!

Jose