[Biojava-dev] multiple alignment

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Jun 17 04:50:44 UTC 2015

Hi Stefan,

what substitution matrix did you use? Nuc-4_4 ? BioJava comes with a wide
range of substitution matrices. The gap penalties depend heavily on the
choice of matrix.

https://github.com/biojava/biojava/tree/cb8da7bf718b76e35a408731c1f122b412adc884/biojava-alignment/src/main/resources

The IUB scoring matrix might be actually one of the few matrices not
supported yet, but should be easy to add if needed. Is it correct that all
matches score 1.9; all mismatches score 0?

Andreas