[Biojava-dev] Java version for Biojava 4

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:44:18 UTC 2014

I'm fine bumping to Java 7 as the minimum, although if there isn't a
strong reason to move from Java 6 we might as well stay there.

I have found a few problems with Java 8, e.g.

https://github.com/bigdatagenomics/adam/issues/198
https://github.com/nmdp-bioinformatics/ngs/issues/34

so I wouldn't want to move to Java 8 as a minimum at this time.

   michael