[Biojava-dev] Logging Usage Policy

Douglas Myers–Turnbull dmyersturnbull at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 16:45:57 UTC 2014

Thanks for doing this!

I think this is a good way to initialize loggers. It's less efficient (for
a 1-time static call per class), but it would prevent mistakes where
developers copy and paste the logger initialization line but forget to
change the class (which definitely happens).

LoggerFactory.getLogger(MethodHandles.lookup().lookupClass());

I went ahead and made this change to the Google Doc.

Douglas