[Biojava-dev] New developer

Willis,Scooter Scooter.Willis at SanfordHealth.org
Sun Oct 6 13:12:33 UTC 2013

Do you have a particular research interest?

-------- Original message --------
From: John Chilton <jchilton22 at gmail.com>
Date: 10/06/2013 7:36 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: biojava-dev at lists.open-bio.org
Subject: [Biojava-dev] New developer

Hi all, I am a University of Washington Computer Science student. I have
been involved with bioinformatics for a few years and am looking for an
open source project to contribute to.

I notice that BioJava is actively maintained; however, the issues list on
github only has 5 issues.

Does this mean that the project has plateau-ed? Or, can somebody suggest a
new BioJava project idea? I am excited about the prospect of contributing.
Thanks for your response. I am grateful for any direction.

John Chilton