[Biojava-dev] BioJava set limits on hit response

Matt Zygowicz zygow001 at rangers.uwp.edu
Sat Dec 28 23:12:32 UTC 2013

Dear Community,

First time blaster here, and would like to say thank you for providing the
tools here to help facilitate BLAST queries.  I was wondering though how to
limit/maximize the blast query hits.  Currently I set the number of
descriptions and number of alignments using the following lines:
NCBIQBlastOutputProperties outputProps = new NCBIQBlastOutputProperties();
 outputProps.setOutputOption(BlastOutputParameterEnum.ALIGNMENTS,
String.valueOf(numberOfResults));
 outputProps.setOutputOption(BlastOutputParameterEnum.DESCRIPTIONS,String.valueOf(numberOfResults));

(the full code is attached)

However when the program continues and I see parameters attached to the
BlastOutput object they are always static with 100 hits.  I was wondering
if there is a parameter/method I am missing to edit the number of hits sent
back?

Thank you for all your help,
Matthew Zygowicz