[Biojava-dev] Cloning repositories in eclipse

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 10 22:56:43 UTC 2013

When I first drafted the instructions for cloning biojava in
eclipse<http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava3_eclipse>,
I was frustrated that the simple 'Checkout Maven projects from SCM' doesn't
work with our layout. The alternate checkout method is about 4 times as
long and much less intuitive.

I had some time to debug the problem today, and it seems that the e2m-egit
connector doesn't handle branches. It fails with a misleading message on
any repository without a master branch. I've submitted a bug report, but
I'm not optimistic about it getting patched quickly.

What proportion of BioJava users are using eclipse? Would fixing this be
worth renaming one of the branches to master?

-Spencer