[Biojava-dev] b-tree of annotation

Ryan Golhar ngsbioinformatics at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 19:40:08 UTC 2012

HI - I have a need to scan through a bunch of genomic locations I have.
 For each location, I need to identify the overlapping gene/exon.  If there
isn't one, I need to find the closest gene upstream or downstream.

I thought BEDTools at first would do this, but I need some additional
information from the annotation as well.  I thought maybe BioJava would
have a class that I can read in a GFF file and quickly search it, sort of a
b-tree implementation.  I think IGV does something like this.  Is anything
like this available in Biojava?