[Biojava-dev] Fwd: [Biojava-l] Port an Algorithm to Java

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Tue Apr 3 23:52:18 UTC 2012

Porting an optimized application like blast+ to Java makes about as much sense as making an engine for your car out of Lego.
Sure you can copy all the individual components and eventually create a complete copy and it may even work but it will never be as powerful as the original.
Another option if you really want to integrate blast+ might be JNI?

--Russell

sender immediately.