[Biojava-dev] newLine is not consistent across platforms

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Thu Sep 15 17:20:01 UTC 2011

Hi Amr,

yea, the newline should never be written as \n or \r\n but requested
from System.getProperty("line.separator"); Did we have many instances
of this? I thought we were pretty consistent in avoiding this.. I am
not sure if we need a central place for this. Perhaps all we need is
to remind all developers to avoid hard coding this and using the
System property instead.

Andreas