[Biojava-dev] [GSoC] Project Proposal

Peter Troshin p.v.troshin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 15:48:58 UTC 2011

Hi Nirmal,

First of all thanks for the proposal it looks good.
However, I think that one of the benefits of my project idea is that it
lets you implement a few other methods that are of interest to you. It
is a pity that you did not use this opportunity. I strongly encourage to
use your knowledge and to look at the other properties that you can
implement for the benefit of the community. Otherwise it looks like you
are not terribly interested in Bioinformatics!

Also, I think that the best method of learning BioJava is trying it. So
I'd put in the project plan that you will write test cases to check out
the parts of BioJava that you will be using. Apart from helping you
learning it in depth it will also help to ensure that the BioJava code
behaves.

Regards,
Peter