[Biojava-dev] more release preparations

Scooter Willis HWillis at scripps.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:04:40 UTC 2010

George

Features are still a work in progress where you can assigned a generic feature to a location. Basic functionality in place where I would rather have concrete features for as many well defined attributes of a sequence as possible. I was not planning on doing any change/veto/event firing when features are adjusted. I do have FeatureListener code in the biojava3-sequence-gui that when you click on a Feature listeners are notified. My current plan is to try and support XML data attributes as Features for a sequence found in a uniprot.xml file for proteins. I am also doing work with GFF3/GMOD for an internal project so I want to support Features that can be found in a GFF3 file for DNA sequences. Trying to use existing/established data elements to drive the design/api.

Let me know what you need in the way of Changeable as a use case and will see if it is something I can put together. I do want to minimize the api complexity and adding Changeable/Veto logic can get complicated for both the developer and the user.

Thanks

Scooter