[Biojava-dev] more release preparations

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Sun Nov 21 00:38:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

A while ago we discussed what to do about the legacy code that is
still in SVN (in particular the old core module). Last time we had a
discussion about this, the general consensus was that it should be
taken out of the release to avoid confusion. I am not fully happy to
just delete this code, since there will probably be one or two
features that we don't have in 3.0 yet.  As such I propose the
following procedure:  I will create a new project on the same level as
biojava-trunk. It will be called biojava-legacy and it will contain
anything that is code from 1.7 or depends on it. This way we can
easily move features from the legacy project into the main release, if
we realize something is missing.

Any thoughts / objectons?

Andreas