[Biojava-dev] Changes to Sequence in BioJava3

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 16:56:47 UTC 2010

Indeed this was the set of methods available on DNASequence. What I wanted to avoid was a situation which we had originally with getSequenceAsString(Integer,Integer,Strand) where the method was available but was unimplemented for a given set of Sequences; it made using the API into russian roulette :)

A new name for this "uber-reverse" would be good ... any recommendations? I can push the other methods back out into DNASequence easily

Andy

--
Andrew Yates                   Ensembl Genomes Engineer
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538