[Biojava-dev] Biojava3 structure

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Mon Mar 29 02:02:49 UTC 2010

Hi Scooter,

at the present the structure modules depend on the alignment module and on
the (old) core module.  This is for aligning ATOM and SEQRES residues in the
PDB files, and for the Smith Waterman alignment based 3D structure
superposition. If we target a release of biojava 3 in about a month, I don't
think it will be possible to break this out, mainly because the alignment
module is still based on the biojava 1 code base. Overall I think that the
core module probably should still be part of the BioJava 3 release. Any
opinions on that?

Andreas