[Biojava-dev] maven progress

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Wed Oct 7 03:30:25 UTC 2009

Hi -

Could I suggest that the biosql code be factored out into it's own module?

The main argument for this is that it currently uses fairly old Hibernate
specific ORM bindings.  The more modern way to do this would be to use JPA
(either inside or outside a container) which could then use any ORM
provider (Hibernate, EclipseLink, JDO etc etc) in a uniform way. This
could be a new BioSQL module that could replace the old one allowing a
simple migration from the current ORM code to a JPA compliant ORM code
without having to rip apart the core module.

Best regards,

- Mark

http://dev.open-bio.org/home/svn-repositories/biojava/biojava-live/biojava

http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biojava/browse/biojava-live/biojava