[Biojava-dev] Extended ABIF Parser and SCF Writer

Micha Sammeth gmicha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:08:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

the time I worked on SCF and ABI files is a bit ago, but lets see if I
can contribute something here. Working since a year on NGS, I could
imagine that readers for the standard-output of pipelines by Illumina &
Co would also fit there.

If there is a reader module, I would plead for a low-level interface for
accessing sequences/qualities and re-usable data containers during I/O.
But maybe that is rather an early stage to talk about that when not even
the existence of the module is decided.

cheers - micha.