[Biojava-dev] maven progress

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Mon Aug 31 01:23:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

I started to split up biojava into submodules and am mavenizing the
build process. The new SVN location is emerging here:

http://dev.open-bio.org/home/svn-repositories/biojava/biojava-live/biojava

or in your browser:

http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biojava/browse/biojava-live/biojava

A few questions so far from my side.

1) bytecode.jar: at the present the core module depends on this.   So
far it is in the /jars subfolder of the module and needs to be
installed by hand. What is the best way to deal with this in SVN?

2) Sequence module (Richard's original biojava v.3 branch) Since this
consists of sub-modules I have set it up as a few hierarchically
organized submodules. There is some biosql code there as well.
Richard/Mark not sure now to arrange this. I think it would be good to
have a biosql module. Shall I refactor the current biosql code out of
core into a new biosql module or will the current code be obsoleted
and  replaced with the new code in the sequence module?

Andreas