[Biojava-dev] BioJava3 contribution

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Oct 21 11:31:40 UTC 2008

Hi Fabrice,

The biojava 1 features could only accept integer positions as start
and stop. For protein structures an amino acid is uniquely identified
by a number and an insertion code. As such in the biojava 1 world it
was not possible to implement this for the protein structures. If we
have a cleaner interface definition for that in biojava 3 should be no
prob.

Andreas