[Biojava-dev] help (F1 F1) regarding biojava

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 15:12:09 UTC 2007

Hello.

First thing you need to do is provide the full stack trace, not just the
last message. This will help us to pinpoint the problem.

Secondly, I notice you are using NCBISequenceDB and GenbankSequenceDB.
These are deprecated and have been replaced with GenbankRichSequenceDB:

http://www.biojava.org/docs/api15/org/biojavax/bio/db/ncbi/GenbankRichSequenceDB.html

Thirdly, I notice you are trying to set proxy settings. BioJava does not
currently support proxies for either GenbankRichSequenceDB or the
deprecated NCBISequenceDB/GenbankSequenceDB (internally it is making
direct connections to the server using Socket and not using
HttpURLConnection which knows about proxies). If you need this to be
changed, please do raise a bug report requesting it at
http://bugzilla.open-bio.org/ and we will do our best to come up with a
patch to fix it.

cheers,
Richard