[Biojava-dev] BioJava 3 Proposal

george waldon gwaldon at geneinfinity.org
Fri Oct 5 17:24:34 UTC 2007

Would-it be helpful to implement SPI for manipulating sequence formats?

For example, we could have:

RichSequenceFormat fasta = Lookup.getDefault().lookup(FastaFormat.class);

This would allow anyone to implement their own version of sequence format. The lookup would return the internal implementation by default or an external one is any is found.

- George