[Biojava-dev] Hi, introduction of myself

Daniel Rohrbach daniel.rohrbach at web.de
Sun Feb 11 12:11:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

my name is Daniel. I have straight registered myself into the mailing list and i hope that this is the right way to describe me.

I'm a student of Bioinformatics at the Martin-Luther-University in germany. I am in the seventh term and my English is unfortunately not so good. I ask to excuse this in the following.

A few days ago I heard of BioJava. I'm currently working for a project for a lecturer of genetics. We try to develop a program to classify some special effector proteins of plants and animals. In consequence, we want to use several algorithms and data structures such as blast, HMM's, Baysian -and Neuronal Networks. I saw not very deep into the BioJava package up to now but after reading the tutorial, I was confident that BioJava can be a good base for our work.

Before the project started, I had worked on a voluntary project for a professor. This work covers an image analyzer based on Java technology and the JAI API(java advanced imaging).

Apart from the work on the genetic project I'm interested to participate as a  voluntary developer for the BioJava project.    Please write me if there is a way to work on this projekt.

Short: my skills are programming with JAVA, CVS, different bioinformatic methods like sequence analysis and statistical methods/ models.

Many greetings
Daniel