[Biojava-dev] [Off Topic] Getting JNDI resources from a Java application

Michael McCormick mmccormi at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 17 15:43:27 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

You can also achieve this by using standard J2EE/JEE conventions
instead of creating a dependency on Spring. We have several external
applications that take advantage of reusable services deployed on our
JBoss instance.

This page details some standard J2EE/JEE patterns and includes code
samples as well. From your description, you will want to take a look
at the ServiceLocator, SessionFacade, and BusinessDelegate patterns.
The JBoss forums and wiki are a good resource as well.
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Mike

Michael McCormick
Systems Analyst
Geraghty Lab